Petrol-Diesel Price Today : The rates of petrol and diesel have remained at the same level in the domestic market for the last four months. There was a change in the price in Maharashtra and Meghalaya after the excise duty was reduced by the government on 22 May.
Petrol-Diesel Price Today 22nd September: Crude oil continues to decline for the last three months. The record has come down by falling. But in the domestic market, petrol-diesel price has remained at the same level for the last four months. However, during this period, the people of the state were given relief from expensive petrol by reducing VAT in Maharashtra. On the other hand, in Meghalaya, the rate of petrol and diesel was increased by up to one and a half rupees per liter in the last days.
Petrol cheaper by Rs 5 and diesel by Rs 3
Let us tell you that four months ago, on 22 May, the Modi government at the Center had cut excise duty to give relief to the people of the country from expensive petrol. After this move of the government, petrol became cheaper by Rs 8 and diesel by Rs 5. After this, when the Shinde government was formed in Maharashtra, the VAT was reduced here. Due to this, petrol has become cheaper by Rs 5 and diesel by Rs 3 there.
Crude at 7 month low
Now that crude oil is running at a low level of 7 months, people are expected to get relief once again in the rate of petrol and diesel. The rate of crude has come down to below $ 90 per barrel. On Thursday morning, the price of WTI crude reached $ 82.68 per barrel. Whereas Brent crude was seen at $ 89.55 per barrel.
Know today’s price of petrol and diesel in 15 major cities of India
- Petrol in Port Blair Rs 84.10 and Diesel Rs 79.74 per liter
- Delhi Petrol Rs 96.72 and Diesel Rs 89.62 per liter
- Mumbai Petrol Rs 111.35 and Diesel Rs 97.28 per liter
- Chennai petrol Rs 102.63 and diesel Rs 94.24 per liter
- Kolkata Petrol Rs 106.03 and Diesel Rs 92.76 per liter
- Petrol in Noida Rs 96.57 and diesel Rs 89.96 per liter
- Petrol in Lucknow Rs 96.57 and diesel Rs 89.76 per liter
- Petrol in Jaipur Rs 108.48 and diesel Rs 93.72 per liter
- Petrol in Thiruvananthapuram Rs 107.71 and diesel Rs 96.52 per liter
- Petrol in Patna Rs 107.24 and diesel Rs 94.04 per liter
- Rs 97.18 in Gurugram and Rs 90.05 per liter of diesel
- Petrol in Bengaluru Rs 101.94 and diesel Rs 87.89 per liter
- Petrol in Bhubaneswar Rs 103.19 and Diesel Rs 94.76 per liter
- Petrol in Chandigarh Rs 96.20 and diesel Rs 84.26 per liter
- Petrol in Hyderabad Rs 109.66 and Diesel Rs 97.82 per liter
How to check petrol and diesel rates
To check the latest rates of petrol and diesel, oil companies provide the facility to check rates through SMS. To check the rate, the consumer of Indian Oil (IOC) has to write RSP<dealer code> and send it to 9224992249. HPCL customer SMS HPPRICE <dealer code> to 9222201122 and BPCL customer RSP<dealer code> to 9223112222.