Mother Teresa Birth Anniversary: Mother Teresa had made up her mind to come to India from childhood and serve the poor. For this, she took training from Albania to Ireland and came to India at the age of 19.
Mother Teresa Birth Anniversary: Today (August 26) the country is celebrating the birthday of Mother Teresa, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace. Mother Teresa devoted her entire life to the service of the destitute, the poor, the helpless and humanity.
She was a Catholic nun who took Indian citizenship in 1948. In 1980, he was also honored with the country’s highest civilian award ‘Bharat Ratna’. From a young age, Mother Teresa took up the responsibility of serving the people.
Mother taught the lesson of help in childhood
Mother Teresa was born on 26 August 1910, her name was Agnes Gonza Boyajiju. His father was a businessman, who was very religious in nature, he always went to the church near his house, and was a follower of Jesus. Her father died in the year 1919.
After which Mother Teresa was raised by her mother. Mother Teresa’s family had to go through financial trouble after the death of her father. But his mother always taught him to eat by sharing it. His mother used to say, whatever you get, share it with everyone and eat it. Because of his mother’s words, humanity had come in him since childhood.
Interesting facts about Mother Teresa
- Mother Teresa came to India in 1929 and studied at St. Teresa’s School in Darjeeling.
- she took his first religious vow on 24 May 1931. The Missionaries of Charity, an organization founded by him, is active in 123 countries today. It has a total of 4,500 sisters.
- In 1946, she took a pledge to serve the poor and helpless.
- In 1950, Teresa founded the ‘Missionaries of Charity’ in Kolkata for selfless service.
- she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, Bharat Ratna, Templeton Prize, Order of Merit and Padma Shri.
- In 2016, he was declared a ‘saint’ by Pope Francis at St. Peter’s Square.
- She remained in Kolkata till her death (05 September 1997) and even today her organization is working for the poor.
The first Indian woman to receive the title of St.
- Mother Teresa was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Peace Prize in 1962.
- Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in the year 1979.
- Mother Teresa was awarded the Bharat Ratna in the year 1980.
- Mother Teresa was given the title of Saint on 4 September 2016.
- Mother Teresa was the first woman from India to receive the title of St.